Stocksbridge Walkers are Welcome will:
- encourage walkers to enjoy the area
- improve facilities for walkers
- act in partnership with the community, local businesses, the local authorities and other organisations
- benefit local people and businesses
- increase recreational walking in the Stocksbridge area.
Bridge Closed until at 22/07/16
Broomhead Bridge is currently closed for major renovation. This bridge is at the NW end of Ewden Reservoir at the junction of Allas Lane and Yewtrees Lane. This impacts on a number of our routes. Please check your route before using any of these sets of instructions: S4 (7b), M6 (11), M16 (10) and M17 (5).
As part of the EPIP Festival in June:
Start Bolsterstone 10:30 am – Sunday 19th.June - a 7 miles (3.5 hours) circular
walk which will visit the Trig Point with extensive views to the Peak District. We will then descend and circumnavigate two reservoirs in the Ewden Valley. We return via the Wantley Dragon and the (supposed) grave of a Saxon King, Walders Low.
Langsett and Midhope at War
An historical archive of the Langsett area and its people in World War 2.
Next meeting of the steering committee
- will be at 19:00 on Wednesday 14th September 2016 at the Castle Inn, Bolsterstone.
New members welcome.
Report a Path
The local authorities are responsible for ensuring that landowners and others do not affect your right to use public paths. They can take action against people who block or damage paths or who do something that stops you from using them.
Please contact us using the Report a Path page if you find any problems on or near public paths.
We will log the report and pass the message onto the relevant authority.
Living streets project
If you come across a footpath sign that is in poor condition or not easy to read can you make a note of its location and send this to email@example.com. It may be possible to replace the sign through a project called Living Streets.
- Read the latest National Walkers are Welcome newsletter
- Comments from vistors to this website.
"My husband and I have been in the area (just outside Stocksbridge) for the last 3 days. Before we arrived we found your excellent website and decided to do Walks 14 and 20.
They were spectacular and we were very impressed with the accuracy and details included in your information.
Thank you very much. We hope to visit the area again and do more of the walks!"
"Just done Le Tour a pied. Great walk thanks, just picked up the leaflet in a pub and think it is an imaginative and interesting route and the guide is top quality - well done Thanks"
Please go to the contact us page to let us have your comments on our walks.
Visit Stocksbridge on public transport
- 57 bus service from Sheffield via Hillsborough and Oughtibridge.
- Supertram shuttle link from Middlewood
- 201 bus from Meadowhall via Ecclesfield and Chapeltown.
- 23 bus from Barnsley via Penistone, Thurgoland and Wortley